Bournemouth vs Manchester United LIVE commentary: Rashford back as Red Devils seek to solidify top-four spot
Manchester United will continue their push to finish in the top four when they face Bournemouth live on talkSPORT this weekend.
The Red Devils need six points from their remaining three games to seal a return to the Champions League and hold off Liverpool.
United are only one point above their Merseyside rivals but crucially still have a game in hand.
However, United have lost their last two away league games, and a similar result would put them in danger of being caught.
Meanwhile, the Cherries survived against all the odds this season and will look to deliver one final win for their loyal home supporters.
Gary O’Neil‘s men were heavy favourites to be relegated but are currently sat on 39 points, eight points above the drop zone.
Bournemouth vs Man United: talkSPORT coverage
This Premier League clash will take place on Saturday, May 20.
Kick-off at the Vitality Stadium is scheduled for 3pm.
talkSPORT will have live coverage from the south coast, with Dan Windle serving as your presenter.
Commentary will then come from Nigel Adderley and former Arsenal man Perry Groves.
talkSPORT.com will have all the best reaction from United’s last away game of the season.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Bournemouth vs Man United: Team news
The Cherries have a number of injury concerns and will be without Ryan Fredericks and Junior Stanislas.
Antoine Semenyo has been ruled out for the remainder of the campaign with a leg problem.
Marcus Tavernier is also unlikely to feature due to a thigh complaint, while Hamed Traore is a doubt.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils expect to have Marcus Rashford and Scott McTominay available.
Both returned to first-team training this week and stand a good chance of being involved.
But Marcel Sabitzer and Lisandro Martinez won’t play any part and have been ruled out for the remainder of the campaign.
Bournemouth vs Man United: What has been said?
Erik ten Hag speaking about what it will require for Man United to improve.
He said: “Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
“But funds are needed to compete for the biggest trophies, everyone knows that it takes funds to sign top players.”
Bournemouth vs Man United: Match facts
- Bournemouth have lost eight of their 11 Premier League games against Manchester United (W2 D1), though they did win 1-0 the last time they faced the Red Devils at home (November 2019).
- Manchester United have only failed to score in one of their last 14 meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions (W10 D2 L2), though it was their last visit to the Vitality Stadium in November 2019.
- Bournemouth have won their final home game in three of their five previous Premier League seasons (D1 L1), though they did lose 2-0 against Southampton in their last such campaign in 2019-20.
- Manchester United lost their final away league game of 2021-22, going down 1-0 at Crystal Palace. They’ve not lost their last away game in consecutive league campaigns since a run of four between 1988-89 and 1991-92.
- Bournemouth have lost their last two Premier League games, last losing more consecutively in December/January (4). None of the Cherries’ last 14 league games have been drawn (W7 L7).
- Manchester United won 16 points from their nine Premier League away games between August and December this season (W5 D1 L3), the second most in the division. However, in 2023 they’ve won just eight points from nine on the road (W2 D2 L5), with only six sides winning fewer so far this calendar year.
- Bournemouth are the only side yet to score a single Premier League goal from either a penalty or a direct free-kick this season. The last team to go through a whole campaign without scoring such a goal were Derby County in 2007-08.
- Bournemouth have conceded a league-high 27 goals from set piece situations this season (including penalties), with Hull in 2016-17 (34) the last team to concede more in a single campaign. However, Manchester United have scored fewer set piece goals than any other Premier League side this term (7).
- Manchester United have scored 11 Premier League goals via substitutes this season, with no player netting more of these than Alejandro Garnacho (3, including one against Wolves last time out). Only in 2017-18 (12) have the Red Devils scored more goals via subs.
- Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford has scored 16 Premier League goals this season, just one short of his highest in a single campaign (17 in 2019-20). He’s also netted five goals against Bournemouth in the competition (including four in his last five), only scoring more often against Leicester (8).
talkSPORT BET Offer Of The Day
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets – CLAIM HERE
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £10+ at odds 2.00+, within 7 days of registration. No cash out. Get 3x £10 Free Bets on selected events. Bonus expires in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
Harry Maguire to fight for Man United place in blow to Erik ten Hag transfer plans
Harry Maguire is reluctant to leave Manchester United this summer, talkSPORT understnads. The defender had been tipped to leave Old...
“Why I am a Manchester United fan”
The Red Devils have achieved a lot of success in recent years, but Bayanni still supports the team Nigerian music...
UCL: Manchester City Must Stop Lukaku, Martinez
Former Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero says Inter Milan’s attack could be vital against the Citizens in the UEFA Champions...
Manchester United consider sending Mason Greenwood out on loan for 2023/24 season
Manchester United are reportedly considering sending Mason Greenwood out on loan next season. The 21-year-old remains suspended by the Red...
Real Madrid Boss Ancelotti Debunks Brazil Rumours
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has cooled talk about taking the Brazil job. The Italian is the Brazilian Confederation’s priority...
Liverpool release new footage of Anfield expansion as old roofs make way for extra capacity
New footage from Liverpool’s club media has shown the Anfield Road End’s roofs being lifted off in preparation for extra...
Milan Interested In Super Eagles Star
Serie A giants AC Milan have been expressed interest in Super Eagles and Villarreal Samuel Chukwueze and have begun contacts...
How to watch Man City v Inter Milan for FREE in Champions League final
Manchester City are now just one win away from completing the treble and they face Inter Milan in the Champions...
The Lionel Messi effect – Inter Miami ticket prices and social media following skyrocket as football icon confirms move
Inter Miami are already benefiting from Lionel Messi before he’s even kicked a ball for them. The football icon confirmed...
Harvey Barnes next club odds: Aston Villa lead West Ham and Newcastle in race for Leicester winger
Aston Villa are the current favourites to sign Leicester winger Harvey Barnes this summer. The England international is being priced...