Manchester United submit new offer for England winger Jadon Sancho after having first bid rejected by Borussia Dortmund


Manchester United have submitted a new bid in excess of £75million for Jadon Sancho.

The Borussia Dortmund winger has been heavily linked with a big-money move to Old Trafford for the past 18 months.

Sancho has thrived in the Bundesliga for Dortmund

AFP

Sancho has thrived in the Bundesliga for Dortmund

Sky Sports claim ‘United remain the most realistic destination’ for Sancho with Dortmund considering the latest offer after rejecting a £67m bid.

Sancho, who joined Dortmund from Man City in 2017, had another impressive season in Germany, scoring 16 goals and registering 14 assists.

It is understood the Bundesliga giants value the 21-year-old at around £80m.

That price tag could rise if Sancho stars for England at Euro 2020.

He was left out of the matchday squad against Croatia, before returning to the bench as an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw with Scotland on Friday.

With Phil Foden and Raheem Sterling failing to have an impact against Scotland, England boss Gareth Southgate could turn to Sancho when they play the Czech Republic in three days’ time.

Sancho is pushing for a start in England’s final group game at Euro 2020

Getty

Sancho is pushing for a start in England’s final group game at Euro 2020

Earlier this month, Sancho told talkSPORT he was unfazed by the speculation surrounding his future.

He said: “I’m cool about it,” he said. “There’s always going to be speculation, especially when you do well.

“It’s just how you handle that on the pitch. You’ve got to keep doing what you’re doing, if you keep on doing that then I’m sure that won’t be a problem.

“The main thing is my football and that’s what I’m focusing on at the moment.”





TalkSport