Wednesday 6pm done deals, Chelsea offer £85m for big striker, Mbappe, Calhanoglu and more


Wednesday evening done deals and transfer updates for Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid and more updates for some star players.

Barcelona to confirm sporting director on two-year deal

His time at Barcelona was thought to be ending this summer but sporting director Ramon Planes is now set to pen a new two-year deal at the club.

Planes is reported to have been offered a new extension to his current contract at the Camp Nou, which was set to expire at the end of the campaign.

Subsequently, further reports have verified the news that Planes would be remaining at the Blaugrana in a potentially key moment in Barcelona news.

Planes has been a key figure in the recruitment at the club in recent years and assumed more control when he took over the sporting director role when Eric Abidal was sacked last August.

The arrival of Mateu Alemany as the club’s new Director of Football last month and a potential pursuit of Jordi Cruyff had thrown his future into the spotlight, with Italian transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio recently claiming Fiorentina were considering appointing him this summer.

Source: Football Espana

Former Real Madrid chief talks up Vinicius Junior, Kylian Mbappe swap

Former Real Madrid general manager Jorge Valdano has suggested using Vinicius Junior in a swap deal with Paris Saint-Germain to help bring Kylian Mbappe to the Bernabeu.

PSG are reportedly growing impatient with Mbappe as they wait for his response to a contract proposal, leading to more doubt over where the future of the French international lies.

As for Vinicius, he has made 34 appearances for Los Blancos this season, scoring four goals and returning six assists, and has been linked with a move to the Parc des Princes.

Speaking to El Transistor, Valdano said: “Would I put him into the deal? If the swap was that [Mbappe for Vinicius], then yes.

“Not only would it be to sign one of the most attractive and powerful players in the world, but it’s also to sign someone of a similar age and in the same position.”

The Brazilian youngster has a long-term contract at the Bernabeu until 2025, in comparison to Mbappe whose contract expires in 2022.

Source: Sportsmole

Arsenal make approach for top Serie A free-agent midfielder

According to Sky Sports Italia, Arsenal are one of the three teams that are talking to the 27-year-old Hakan Calhanoglu’s representatives, with Chelsea and Juventus also reported to be in the running

The Turkish international’s contract expires in the summer, thus he is available on a free. With Arsenal likely to be out of any European competition next season, deals of such type will be given more thought.

The Gunners’ remain optimistic of signing on-loan midfielder from Real Madrid, Martin Odegaard. However, no European football could seal their fate.

Calhanoglu has had yet agnother impressive season at Milan. He has seven goals and 11 assists in 34 appearances. His overall tally of 77 goal involvements in his four years in Italy also cannot be ignored.

The 27-year-old has been a constant in every team he has played, when it has come to contributing directly to goals. In his previous club Bayer Leverkusen, the midfielder had 28 goals and 29 assists in 115 appearances.

His record in the German tier two was also impressive with Hamburger SV and Karlsruher SC with 50 goal involvements in 93 appearances for the duo.

Source: Mirror UK

Report: Chelsea ready to offer over £85m for player who Guardiola said was ‘world class’

Chelsea are planning on presenting Inter Milan with a hefty sum to bring Romelu Lukaku back to London, according to Calciomercato.

Lukaku left the Blues in 2014 after several seasons without rarely getting a sniff at first-team action.

The ferocious forward has since scored bucket loads for Everton, Manchester United and Milan.

His current whereabouts are with the Serie A giants, the team Chelsea want to steal him back off in a potentially sensational summer transfer.

Erling Haaland remains top priority for Roman Abramovich, but as Eurosport reported last month, Lukaku is seen as the next best option to solve his clubs striking issues.

Calciomercato confirmed this interest and claimed that Chelsea were preparing to take concrete action on the Belgian international if a Haaland deal fell through.

They stated the Blues were willing to offer Milan over €100m (£85m) to secure the 27-year-old’s services ahead of any other interested suitors.

Source: The Chronicle

Manchester United teenager Zidane Iqbal signs professional contract

Zidane Iqbal has become the latest Manchester United youngster to sign a professional contract.

Iqbal, 17, has not played for the Under-18s since December but is expected to regain fitness soon and United rate the attacking midfielder so highly they wanted to tie down Iqbal on a professional deal to oversee his development.

United intend to promote Iqbal to the Under-23 squad next season as he turns 18 later this month.

Iqbal’s representatives, Base Soccer, tweeted: “Many congratulations to Zidane Iqbal, who has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United. Well done Zee!” United do not intend to formally announce Iqbal’s extension.

Iqbal had started seven times for the Under-18s before he suffered an injury in December and made his debut at that level when he was just 16 last year.

Academy talents Teden Mengi, Shola Shoretire, Hannibal Mejbri and Anthony Elanga have all inked new deals this calendar year.

Source: Manchester Evening News





Source link